Pages

Tuesday 6 September 2011

Tranquility

Am now sitting at the back of our building, on a monobloc, legs crossed, hands on my lap, my head touched the wall. I’m looking up at the white clouds and blue sky. The gentle breeze is blowing, caressing me and the trees and grasses swaying with it. I see birds and butterflies flying. The sun is partially hiding on the clouds. The white clouds is passing by and I see the coming of the dark ones... it’s probably going to rain later.



At moments like this, I appreciate the beauty of life, thankful that I have been born to experience it. My childhood memories come rushing in. Gone were the vast land that was once our playground instead the subdivions had taken its place. Cows and carabaos were there no more instead tricycles, cars and the like can be seen. No more freshly harvested vegetables from the backyard, can readily buy from the supermarkets. Aahhh... gone were those days but still got lucky to have experience it.

If only time could stand still... I feel so at peace... it’s so calm and so quiet. I would like to stay here a little longer but can’t... have to get back inside our office.

As I uncross my legs slowly get up, I close my eyes and let the feel of the breeze on me blowing through my hair. I open my eyes and slowly turn my back at the picture perfect sight... I’m back to reality.....

0 comments:

Post a Comment