Pages

Monday 22 August 2011

Who Would Have Thought

When I was just a child, I used to get some good spanking from my parents. I really hated those times and wished to instantly grow up and leave home to live on my own. One of my sister got the brain, she’s a consistent honor student from the time she entered school till she finished. My other sister is a beauty. She’s morena and really has a beautiful smile. If my sisters got the beauty and brain, then what is left of me? Nothing? Hmmmm....I thought so too at that time. I talked back, quarrelled with my sibling, and reasoned out when being scolded. I am a no good daughter who turns out to be the blacksheep of the family.At 18, I hardly shed tears when my father was laid to rest. I don’t know why, but tears just won’t come out during that particular time when everybody else were crying and howling. A few years after that when I had finished my studies and started working that my grandma’s sister told me something I never would have expected to hear, not even in a million years. She said that my mother told her, of all her children I am the most loving, caring, and she envisioned will look after her when she gets old.(Gosh, my tears are now falling. Thinking of that moment always makes me cry, well wouldn’t you be?). I hated them for so long, thinking they don’t want and love me when in fact they do.
It’s true then that no matter how bad we let people perceive us, ur innate goodness will always show. Sometimes our judgement is clouded by jealousy and hatred that we can’t see clearly what is right in front of us. I have not told my Nanay and siblings how much they mean to me. When oneday they happen to see this blog, just wanted you guys to know that given a chance I’ll still choose you to be my family, I LOVE YOU and hope all the best for you!

3 comments:

dean said...

i cried while reading this article... I miss my Mom. I love you mom... Really miss u. Nice article ma'am paraluman :)

myparaluman said...

Tnx for liking it.

AngMalditangAnghel said...

wow umienglish ang deantot . . . try ko nga makisabay . . . i love this post ate . nice one . . . harhar

Post a Comment