Pages

Thursday 6 October 2011

Winning the Game

October 4, 2011, Tuesday, 1:00 p.m. we had our staff day. As always, we recognized those who had been working in the company starting from 10 years, then 15, then 20, then 25, no 30, no 35, but there's one who has been in service for 40 years (don't know if I'll last that long hehehe). It's heart warming to be recognized by your fellow workers.

Really funny what they did with the presentations. After giving the certificates and cash awards, the awardees were asked to sit in front and watched the video presentations made for them. I don't know what it is called but the organizers but the faces of the awardees at the faces of those who were dancing.... there's salsa, tango, sweet, retro, classical music, etc. We were all entertained that afternoon.

Six of us rendered a song number, Chitchiritchit and Ay Ay Ay And Pag-ibig. The staff members from our head office didn't expected us to sing since they were used to us dancing. We let the other staff from our branch participate by dancing a native dance, Caratong. See... we sing, we dance, and we act.... we are Jack of All Traits master of none....hehehehe.

The second part of the activity was the game of price is right. I'm usually not lucky winning in any contest so I was not hoping to join the said game. I guess everybody knows how the game price is right works, but ours had a bit of changes. I presented the initial item to be which was a mirror. Someone from the cafeteria wrote the amount nearest to it's price and won. Next, she chose two from the audience who assisted her in guessing the next item's price, they both received a gift in return. Then at the screen there's numbers one to nine that had bills in which the guessed price should be far from that range. Unfortunately, she didn't guessed correctly or at least near the amount of the wall clock. Who got the wall clock? After drawing a stub from the box... the name of the one who had modelled the clock was drawn.... yeheyyyyyy... Wasn't she lucky?????? hehehe....

Another name was drawn... and who was it? It's me!!!!!!!!! What's the next item?... a pop up mosquito net. My mind was racing.... hey I've seen that item before at SM Department Store, I even looked at it's price but what was it? Think think think.... it's not lower than Php 450 but not higher than Php 500 I'm sure of it.... so I wrote Php 465.... wollllaaaa.... I won I won... hahahaha... the actual retail price was Php 499.75. I'm so happy that I jumped up and down my seat. Next, I chose two partners from the audience who both got a pillow as consolation prizes. We looked at the screen and picked out number nine that had a fifty peso bill... so it means my/our guess should not be over or lower than fifty from the actual retail price. The next item was.... a closet.... tic tac tic tac tic tac.... the time is running, hurry hurry write down the guess price. I nervously wrote down Php 1,350...
And the actual retail price.....tantanantantan..... Php 1,349.75. Haaaaa... I looked from left to right, my back at the audience... did I win it? OF COURSE I DID!!!!!! Yepppeeeyy I won.... AGAIN.... jump here jump there... scream here scream there... ahahahaha... as if I'm a real loca.... I felt ecstatic and elated from winning two prizes in a row. My friends were green with envy but at the same time happy for me... I'm happy shalalala, it's so nice to be happy shalalala.... I wonder what's the next year's game will be... hehehe...

After the game some members of the staff presented a dance number which was loudly applaused by the audience. The closing prayer followed and then snack time. Our activity ended there but everyone was satisfied and happily went home... Well at least me and my friend who won the clock were and so were the other winners.

An exhausting day it is but all the staff were happy being together even just for a day..... we will meet again next year... until then....

0 comments:

Post a Comment