Pages

Friday 26 August 2011

Looking After You

I always feel nervous whenever my love ones are sick. I don’t know what to do, kinda helpless.

Last Sunday Bunso had fever. Had to stay awake all night just to get his fever down. Fortunately, he’s fine in the afternoon of the following day.

Yesterday, for the 2nd time, my heart sunk knowing Kuya’s running with fever. What’s upsetting in this situation is (not the thought of staying up all night looking after him) not knowing what his sickness really is.

It worries me too much whenever they have fever, especially now, because there is a dengue outbreak. How can I not worry? Dengue is caused by mosquito bites and there are so many mosquitoes in our area.

Now in this early hour, as I watch Kuya sleep, I’m praying that he gets better by the morning. I will be at peace if I see him up and about, walking around and laughing as he used to.

It’s my joy to see Kuya and Bunso in good health and shape. I’m happy when they are happy and sad when they are sad. I’ll shield them from harm in anyway I can. I’ll be their eyes when cannot see, their ears when they cannot hear, their voice when they cannot speak, their hands when they cannot write, their feet when they cannot walk. Until the time that they can be and do things on their own, I’ll be there for them. I’ll watch them grow until I can let them go.

1 comments:

Teuvo Vehkalahti said...

.Greetings from Finland. This, through a blog is a great get to know other countries and their people, nature and culture. Come take a look Teuvo images and blog to tell all your friends that your country flag will stand up to my collection of flag higher. Sincerely, Teuvo Vehkalahti Finland

Post a Comment