Pages

Monday 23 January 2012

Celebrating Life

It's my paternal grandmother's 80th birthday today. Our family had a simple get together which made my granny happy. A pity that my father and uncle could no longer celebrate her birthday with us... she outlived them both.

I used to fear my Lola, but who wouldn't? All she had to do was raised her voice, thinned her lips, and open her eyes wide. She was the authority of the family. I had never seen my father and his four other siblings raised their voice to her. They respected her too much that she had the final say on everything.

Through the stories we often hear, my Lola was a doting mother. Whenever her children run into trouble, she was there to defend them be it their fault or not. I used to hear my Lola's bothers and sisters say she had spoiled her children too much. But who's to say what is right and wrong in upbringing your children? All I know is that my Lola was and is loved by her children as much as she loves them.

Now that she is not as strong physically and mentally as in her younger years, we are thanking our Creator for the chance He is giving us in spending our time with her. May she live to see her great grandchildren as they embark their journey in life.


Happy 80th Natal Day Lola! We love you. ^_^

0 comments:

Post a Comment