Pages

Tuesday 31 January 2012

Anticipating My Day

My birthday is fast approaching.... golly gee... I'll be turning blank blank come next week. Year after year I'm always excited in celebrating "MY DAY." To be honest, there are times that nothing special is happening during my most awaited day, but whatever, I'm still anticipating it.

Since our company has no policy and benefit during the employees birthday, I am declaring (as always) FEBRUARY 9 to be a "NON-WORKING BIRTHDAY HOLIDAY".... with pay of course...hehehe... how do I do that? Well, I'll just file a leave of absence and that's it, I can enjoy my day to my hearts content.

Usually I'll start my day by cooking something for my co-workers. A morning snack shared by 30 or so people at Admin building is enough to bring a smile to the lips of the people whom I've been with from eight o'clock to five Mondays thru Fridays for the past fifteen years. The snack is usually any from these... spaghetti, macaroni soup, pancit palabok, or carbonara. Just seeing their enjoyment in what I made for them is really satisfying.

The day will not pass by without me receiving greetings from family and friends. I like receiving some text messages and quotes from them because I know that they take a break from what they are doing and given me a piece of their valuable time to greet me which clearly send me message that I am thought of on "My Day."

During my birthday, I am reminded that our God is a fair and loving God. He distributes His blessings to His people fair and square. Though I may not be rich of the material things... the people around me is a lot to thank for. My family and friends are my pillar of support and power boosters. Because of them I can hurdle the hardships in life and face the challenges and rough road I'm travelling in life with a smile. Thank you for always being there for me. Forever you are embbeded in my heart.

I planned to have a simple get-together with family and some friends. I'll cook crispy pata kare-kare and the most requested spicy tuna carbonara. I hope they'll enjoy my treat and may eveyone have their fill.

I heard someone say that adding of years means your getting old... for me it is not... age is not a matter of years but rather it is the attitude towards life.

0 comments:

Post a Comment